Friday, August 21, 2009

My two cents worth

There has been a lot of discussion the past few weeks about the crashes, group safety, etc. We engage in dangerous sport where some incidents can be avoided and others can't. We just need to do the best we can about taking care of each other out on the road. That means being the eyes and ears of the group when riding at the front and always riding in control.

I have been attending the Beaches Tues./Thurs. night ride (county line) for a long time and it has been a slugfest for as long as I can remember. Now our Beaches Saturday ride has developed into a similar style (fast) ride. As a result, we all need to be more diligent about the group ride dynamics and safety. All you young guns need to be a little more patient. Bike handling and pack riding skills take years to develop. Try to watch and learn from the more experienced riders and feel free to ask questions.

I am glad to see such a large number of cyclists showing up for the ride. We all just need to remember that you should never sacrifice safety for speed. Let's be safe out there and have a hard/fast ride.

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to comment on the above post (although I do sort of agree), I am writing in to suggest 2 cycling links:

    www.velobrew.com
    www.firstcoastbicycletours.com

    both of these contain local maps that can be used by people for local rides and info for cyclists

    I also want to say that the blog looks great and is a terrific idea and I am sure will succeed and grow Kudos to the creators!!! ?Robert?

    ReplyDelete