Friday, April 20, 2012

BFSC Ride Schedule - April 21 & 22

Check the Beaches First Street Cycling Facebook page for any ride schedule start time update on Saturday or Sunday morning. If it is raining at the posted start time and it looks like the rain maybe ending, we could push back the start time.

Beaches Weekend WeatherForecast (observed at Mayport Naval Air Station)

The Beaches Weekend weather calls for rain for Saturday and Sunday. Saturday start time 68 F, 6 mph WSW wind, Cloudy with 40% chance of rain. Sunday start time is 65 F, 13 mph W wind, Cloudy with 60% chance of rain. The TV forecast has the rain coming into the beach area after Noon and continuing until early Sunday morning. The question is how soon will the rain end overnight Saturday into Sunday morning.

Beaches First Street Cycling Ride Schedule

Saturday – 8:00 AM @ the Lodge – 40 miles
The BFSC Saturday Ride warms up together for the first 5 to 6 miles.
The Ride Pace begins to pick up quickly to the Palm Valley Bridge.
The BFSC splits into 2 groups base on Ride Pace either at the PV Bridge
Or at the Traffic Light at Crosswater Parkway & Old 210
Group 1 = Ride Pace 25+ MPH with max speed 30+
Group 2 = Ride Pace 19 – 25 MPH 
See link for the Map on the right. 
Group 1 will make Right at Crosswater Parkway. 
Group 2 will make a Left at Crosswater Parkway

Sunday - 8:00 AM Road Ride Leaving from the Lodge – 50 - 60 miles
Group Ride Ride Pace = 19 – 22 MPH.
Remember this is a GROUP ride.
We will regroup when necessary for those loosing contact with the group.
We have been trying to keep everyone together back to the Palm Valley Bridge,
 so that everyone finishes the ride together.

ALL RIDE MILLAGE IS BASED on from the starting location: The Lodge and back to The Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment