Friday, November 16, 2012

BFSC Ride Schedule Nov 17 & 18 - Optional Mountain Bike Ride due to Unpredictable Weather

Due to the unpredictable weather, 30% - 70% chance of Rain & 15 – 25 mph wind with wind gust of 30 mph forecast this weekend, there maybe an Optional Mountain Bike ride at Hanna Park. Ride time is 8:30 AM.

If the weather is not suitable for you to ride the 8:00 AM road bike ride, then meet at Hanna Park at 8:30 AM for a mountain bike ride.

BFSC wishes our bike-riding friends a Fun and Safe Horrible Hundred century road bike ride Sunday down around Clermont, FL.

It’s Time for another bike group party!! The BFSC Holiday Party is Saturday, December 1st. Robert Hudson is hosting this party. More details will follow as they develop. Mark your calendars!!!

Beaches First Street Cycling’s Fall Weekly Ride Schedule

Tuesday Night Guana – 6:00 PM – Meet under Palm Valley 210 Bridge
We are riding a variety of bikes: mountain, urban assault and cyclocross bikes.
Lights are required. This is an out and back 20+ miles course, so if you get dropped, you will be picked back up on the faster group’s return.

Tuesday/Thursday 6:30 AM morning rides from the PV Inn & Club. Continue to check this BFSC Blog and Facebook page for time changes as sunrise continues to be later rising.

Tuesday/Thursday 9:00 AM morning ride leaving from the Lodge: This is a group ride with a ride pace of 19/24 MPH. There are 2 routes – Tuesday is Nocatee loops and Thursday is down A1A to Vilano Bridge and back. Both routes are approximately 50 miles.

Twilight Begins/Sunrise = 6:32 / 6:57 AM
Sunset / Twilight Ends = 5:28 / 5:53 PM

Beaches Weekend Weather Forecast (observed at Mayport Naval Air Station)

The Beaches Weekend weather forecast at Saturday’s start time is 61 F, 21 mph NNE wind, and Cloudy with 60% chance of rain. On Sunday the forecast is maybe a little better with the start time forecast being Cloudy with 40% chance of rain at 59 F, 25 mph NNE wind.

Beaches First Street Cycling Weekend Ride Schedule

Saturday & Sunday Optional Mountain Bike Ride @ 8:30 AM due to unpredictable weather.
Saturday & Sunday – 8:30 AM @ Hanna Park – Front Parking Lot
$1.00 Entrance Fee
Due to the uncertain weather this Saturday and Sunday there maybe a group meeting Saturday and Sunday for an optional mountain bike ride.

We ride as a semi group, which means you ride your pace and we will regroup at the trailheads or major intersection in the trails.

Saturday – 8:00 AM @ the Lodge – 40 miles = There maybe a small group due to the uncertain weather forecast of HIGH Gusty Winds and rain.
There are Two Groups on Saturday

We are still riding The OLD ROUTE on Saturdays.

The BFSC splits into 2 groups base on Ride Pace either at the PV Bridge
Or at the Traffic Light at Crosswater Parkway & Old 210
Group 1 = Ride Pace 25+ MPH with max speed 30+
Group 2 = Ride Pace 19 – 25 MPH 
See link for the Map on the right. 
Group 1 will make Right at Crosswater Parkway. 
Group 2 will make a Left at Crosswater Parkway

Sunday - 8:00 AM Road Ride Leaving from the Lodge – 50 - 65 miles
Group Ride Ride Pace = 19 – 22 MPH.
Remember this is a GROUP ride. This means a NO drop Ride and we all stop for Flats/Mechanical issues.
We will regroup when necessary for those losing contact with the group.
We have been trying to keep everyone together back to the Palm Valley Bridge,
 so that everyone finishes the ride together.

ALL RIDE MILEAGE IS BASED on from the starting location: The Lodge and back to The Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment